• Centers for Disease Control & Prevention | COVID-19
• Texas Education Agency | COVID-19 Updates
• Texas Department of State Health Services | COVID-19
• CDC | Prepare Your Household for Coronavirus
WASH THOSE HANDS!
The CDC has launched Life is Better with Clean Hands, a national campaign encouraging adults to make clean hands a healthy habit at home and away.
Washing your hands is easy, and it’s one of the most effective ways to prevent the spread of germs. Follow these five steps every time.
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
If soap and water aren’t available, you can use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.